All About High Heat Thermal Fluid Systems
At Thermal Fluid Systems, we specialize in the sale and service of thermal fluid heating systems. We supply a broad selection of systems and system components, including heating/cooling units, pumps, valves, tanks, economizers, stacks, and other related equipment, to accommodate the various needs of our customers. Below we provide an overview of our high heat thermal fluid systems, including what they are, key advantages, and typical applications.
What Are Thermal Fluid Heating Systems?
Thermal fluid heating systems circulate thermal fluid through equipment to heat (and sometimes cool) and control temperature, which allows for accurate and precise control over process temperatures. The indirect control design allows for process cooling and heating using one thermal fluid.
The type of thermal fluid employed in a system varies depending on the design and application. Some of the most common include:
- Water. Water serves as the best heat transfer medium with regard to thermophysical properties. However, it carries the risk of corrosion, contamination, and boiling/freezing at relatively high/low temperatures.
- Water-Glycol. Adding glycol to water increases the solution’s boiling and freezing point, making it suitable for a broader range of temperatures. However, it also slightly decreases the solution’s heat capacity.
- Thermal Oils. Oils accommodate higher temperatures than water and water solutions. Additionally, they are less prone to causing corrosion or having mineral contaminants.
Advantages of Thermal Fluid Systems
Compared to traditional heating systems, thermal fluid systems offer a number of advantages. For example:
- They attain higher temperatures without requiring high pressures.
- They require relatively little maintenance and servicing throughout their service lives.
- They do not need continuous attendance by an operator.
- They are suitable for use in indoor or outdoor locations.
- They readily accommodate use as a central plant heating source.
High Heat Applications of Thermal Fluid Systems
Thermal fluid systems find use in a wide range of high heat applications across various industries. The requirements and restrictions of the particular application determine which thermal transfer fluid is most appropriate but these applications require synthetic thermal fluids. At Thermal Fluid Systems, we utilize a variety of thermal fluids in our systems to suit different heat transfer needs. Our high heat thermal transfer fluids are:
- Duratherm™. Duratherm is engineered to run cleaner and last longer in some of the most demanding applications. It is non-toxic and non-hazardous and available in food-grade formulations for sensitive applications.
- DOWTHERM™. Dowtherm is manufactured by Dow Chemical. It is an organic heat transfer fluid that can be used as a liquid or vapor. It remains stable in temperatures up to 750° F and resists corrosion.
- Paratherm™. Paratherm is suitable for use in closed-loop systems. It is available in numerous formulations with varying maximum operating temperatures to suit different heat transfer applications.
- Therminol™. Therminol is designed for use in indirect heat transfer systems. It is available in a variety of formulations, each of which exhibits different thermal stability in different operating temperature ranges.
Our high heat thermal fluid systems provide reliable performance in various industrial applications and processes when designed, constructed, and used properly. Some of the industries that regularly rely on them include:
- The food industry: for meat and poultry processing and snack food production
- The chemical industry: for batch reactors and continuous processing
- The plastics, rubber, and composites industries: for molding and extrusion
- The petrochemical industry: for catalysis, distillation, and synthesis
- The oil and gas industry: for gas processing and refining
- The converting industry: for pressing, rolling, laminating, and printing
- The asphalt and concrete industry: for concrete heating and hot-mix paving
- The building materials industry: for engineered woods and roofing compounds
- The die casting industry: for die temperature control
For more information about how our thermal fluid heating systems are used, check out our project gallery.
Thermal Fluid Systems: Your Expert and Partner for High Heat Thermal Fluid Systems
Thermal fluid heating systems facilitate high heat applications and processes in a wide range of industries. By providing indirect temperature control, they alloy industry professionals to maintain more accurate conditions and, consequently, achieve greater effectiveness and efficiency. Additionally, they help reduce pressure, maintenance, and labor requirements and accommodate indoor/outdoor locations and centralized facility heating needs.
If you’re looking for a reliable supplier of high-quality thermal fluid systems, turn to the experts at Thermal Fluid Systems, Inc. To learn more about our product selection, contact us today. To discuss your requirements with one of our representatives, request a quote.